Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Coastal Mini-Break Makeup Bag

So last weekend, my boyfriend and I had a few days off together and so decided to go away for a couple of nights to the coast. This was a welcome post-exams treat for me! We were lucky that the weather turned out to be gorgeous, although I am now severely burnt as I forgot the sun lotion! Anyway, I thought it would be nice to show what makeup I took with me, I wanted to keep it fairly simple, making sure to go for a light, natural look even in the evening. 


Base: As you can see I was a little bit naughty and took 2 foundations with me so I had a daytime and an evening option. I took the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation  (shade Warm Ivory) for the daytime as it is a really lovely, lightweight, natural foundation that is fairly dewy so perfect on those sunny days when lighter coverage is better. I took the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet for evening wear as it is a more matte foundation but still has that 'inner glow' look about it. It also seems to have a really nice smoothing effect and the shade 10 Beige is perfect for me - I've really been loving this foundation at the moment, it has everything I look for in a base. For concealer, I used the L'Oreal True Match Concealer in 2 Vanilla, another product I've really been loving. It has amazing coverage and is very natural-looking, it's definitely worth all the pennies. I also took Maybelline Sun Dream Bronzer which is not pictured above but gives a nice glow, which if you're fair like me, looks good on those sunnier days. 

Powder/Blush: I always wear a powder but it was particularly essential at the weekend because it was so warm! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder which is great to lightly dust over to help set foundation in place but doesn't make the complexion look ashy. For blush I used my usual No7 Natural Blush Tint Powder in the shade 'soft damson' which is a lovely natural pink shade.

Eyes: Again, I used my daily essentials! For under-eye concealer I used the Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener in the shade 'light bisque' which helps to brighten dark circles, although can look a bit ashy but maybe I just have the wrong shade! I'm not fussy when it comes to eyeliner as long as it shows up on the waterline - I use Helen E Cosmetics eye-liner. I took 2 mascaras - Maybelline 'The Falsies' Waterproof mascara for daytime wear and Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara for the evening. 

Lips: I wore Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish lipstick in the shade 03 during the daytime, which is a lovely pink nude, and No7 Moisture Drench lipstick in the shade 'grape' for the evening, which is a dark pink shade that gives your lips a nice pop of colour.

Nails: I wore Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in the shade 'Jazz Funk' which is a summery bright pink and the formula of the polishes in this range is really good, the colours are very pigmented and long-lasting.

I spent so much time thinking make-up, skincare and clothes that I forgot to take sun-cream, although I didn't think I'd need it as the forecast said it was going to rain... However I now look like a lobster and I'm in a lot of pain. Wear sun-cream kids!

Gemma x


No comments:

Post a Comment