Thursday 29 May 2014

So, this blogging malarchy...

Not so long ago, if someone would have said the word 'blog' to me, it would have generated images of the kind of middle-class, hipster students that are ridiculed in the YouTube video 'Being a Dickhead's Cool' (if you haven't seen this, then do so now! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I). I'm a working-class girl from a town near Sheffield and so blogging is a very alien concept!

However, when I first started really getting into make-up I began to discover the beauty blogging world in all it's glory and now I'm a convert. Lately I've been religiously following the likes of bloggers like ViviannaDoesMakeup, Lily Pebbles, Sprinkle of Glitter, Zoella and Fleur De Force and recently I thought - I could have a go at that! Obviously the above mentioned are pros but I've been getting niggles everytime I buy new beauty products and really get the urge to talk and write about them. I'm also one of those people that likes to discuss all-manner of issues (the influence of the media on women being a favourite) and I'm a self-confessed feminist - it's not a dirty word girls, embrace it! So I'm also here to try and banish notions that feminists 'rave' and hopefully show how important a concept it really is.

I'm thinking that there'll be really random posts from time to time, perhaps even ones trying (and failing!) to tackle life's big issues, but also to sit back and appreciate how good it can truly be.


Gem x

No comments:

Post a Comment